The handling of StitchBuddy is straight forward and most tasks are covered in its searchable help. But for some topics I provide short videos of “How-to”s. Watching these videos is also a good opportunity to have a sneak preview of StitchBuddy.
- How to search for embroideries
- How to select stitches
- How to combine designs
- How to modify designs
- How to change colors
- Working with threads
- Creating an embroidery catalog with Automator
- Create your own file converter app with Automator
- Merging / exporting designs with StitchBuddy v2.16
Frequently Asked Questions
Purchase / License
- How much do you charge for StitchBuddy?
- Why do you charge for StitchBuddy (but not for the plugins)?
- The In-App purchase does not work
- Is the source code of StitchBuddy available for download
- Does StitchBuddy transfer designs to my embroidery machine?
- Can I create embroideries with StitchBuddy?
- Is it possible to implement ... in the StitchBuddy suite?
- iCloud Drive information
- The file format ... is not written / read correctly
- Melco files show „EXP“ in their icons
- Spotlight doesn’t find any (or all) embroideries
- PES size limitations
- My PES files are not / no longer previewed with StitchBuddy-QL
- I can't replace existing PES files
- JPX files open with Preview, not with StitchBuddy
- Toolbar buttons stay gray / designs can not be modified
Starting with Version 2.12.0 StitchBuddy is exclusively distributed via Apple's Mac App Store. Due to the changed installation and registration procedures some articles became obsolete, but are moved into this section for reference.
- Am I allowed to use StitchBuddy on multiple computers?
- I don’t want to pay via PayPal
- I can’t open the trial version (it always takes me to PayPal)
- StitchBuddy doesn't start, all I see is a window with gray icons
- I haven’t received my license code
- How do I download, install and register StitchBuddy?
- How to I install the Quick Look plugin StitchBuddy-QL?
- How do I install the Spotlight plugin StitchBuddy-MD?
- StitchBuddy-QL’s preview is too slow on my G4 iBook